To remote play your PS5 from around the world requires certain steps, if not aware or know, will send you on a chaotic tailspin of destruction. This article will save you from such an end…
As we’ve all experienced with the lack of support we’ve received from the lackluster and now defunct PS VITA, as it pertains to connecting to our PS5 via remote play, we’re having to connect via our laptops, Android and iPhone smartphones & tablets. How, you ask?
- To remote play your PS5 from around the world, we must First, and I mean before you invest a minute of your time downloading the PS PLAY App (I know, DRAMAAAAATIIIIIC!!!), you need to log into the router your PS5 is connected to so as to PORT FORWARD THE PS5 so the app can find it.
You would be surprised at the number of YOUTUBE videos I’ve found and seen with a similar title, only providing instructions on the PS5 and App Settings. It’s as if children blogged/vlogged these things thinking they were helping. I mean, COME ON KIDS… That’s only half the process!!
Port-Forward Your PS5 To REMOTE PLAY YOUR PS5 FROM AROUND THE WORLD…
Port-Forwarding your PS5 is easier than you think, you just need to know your Router’s login credentials, and know where to look to make the changes you need to make, then save.
- First thing we’ll need to do is go into your PS5 settings and write down a couple of things… A). IP ADDRESS, and B). MAC Address. To obtain this information, SETTINGS > NETWORK > VIEW CONNECTION STATUS.
- Log into the router your PS5 is connected to. You’ll need a username and password to get in, and hopefully you have it, cause without it, we’re stuck.
- Let’s assume you have your credentials in hand, and we’re in your router. If said router doesn’t belong to a cable company like Xfinity, all you need to do is select ADVANCED > ADVANCED SETUP > PORT FORWARDING/PORT TRIGGERING. The point here is to add specific ports, but before adding any ports, we have to make sure the Port Forwarding radio-button is turned on or selected as the service type. This is very important.
- Next come the ports, which in order to add, we must click the ADD CUSTOM SERVICE button. Here we’re gonna add a name in the SERVICE NAME FIELD. What do you think that should be? Right On… PS5.
- The SERVICE TYPE (TDP, UDP & TDP/UDP) is of the utmost importance because these are protocols used to deliver or transfer data. Although the PS5 console ONLY utilizes UDP, which is like a High Yield Stock in that it offers BIG Rewards, but can lose you BIG too. In the case of transferring data, UDP is super fast, but is less reliable. TDP is more reliable, but slower. Here are the protocols and ports you’ll want to add:
|SERVICE NAME||EXTERNAL PORT||PS5 |
If you happen to have a router provided by XFINITY, your Port Forwarding is not going to be in your router anymore. As of recently, all port-forwarding has been moved to the XFINITY APP. For this, you’ll need to follow these directions to get to Port Forwarding:
Sign Into App > CLICK WIFI > VIEW WIFI EQUIPMENT > ADVANCED SETTINGS > PORT FORWARDING > ADD PORT FORWARDING > SELECT PS5 > ADD PORT NUMBERS.
*** When adding port numbers, each box defaults to “1”, so back space so it turns to “0”, THEN add the first port number.
You’ll also notice that the protocol defaults to TCP/UDP, and that’s alright. Just remember that PORT 987 is UDP ONLY.
Keep clicking on ADD PORT NUMBER to continue adding port numbers. Don’t make the mistake of clicking NEXT until you’re done adding ALL port numbers.
BACK TO PS5 SETTINGS
Now that we are done with the most difficult part, let’s get back to PS5 Settings so that we may finally remote play your PS5 from around the world. Here goes…
- CLICK SETTINGS > SYSTEM > REMOTE PLAY > TURN ON “ENABLE REMOTE PLAY”
- LINK YOUR DEVICE(S).
- CLICK SETTINGS > SYSTEM > POWER SAVING > FEATURES AVAILABLE IN REST MODE > TURN ON “STAY CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET” AND “ENABLE TURNING ON PS5 FROM NETWORK”.
LET’S LAUNCH PS REMOTE PLAY APP
- SELECT SIGN-IN TO PSN, & MAKE SURE IT’S THE SAME CREDENTIALS FOR YOUR PS5.
- Although the list of ports we created for PORT FORWARDING could be seen as overkill, the only one that truly matters is the 987 UDP PORT/PROTOCOL. HOWEVER, HAVING MORE THAN ONE PROTOCOL ASSURES CONNECTION.
- IF BY ANY CHANCE, YOU’RE GIVEN AN ERROR, MAKE SURE TO KEEP THE PS5 IP ADDRESS HANDY BECAUSE THE APP WILL HAVE AN OPTION TO PROVIDE SAID IP, WHICH IS A GOOD THING. THIS WILL ENSURE A CONNECTION AS LONG AS YOUR PS5 IS ON “REST MODE”.
- IF YOUR PS5 IS OFF AND YOU’RE HALF WAY ACROSS THE WORLD WITH NO ONE AT HOME TO TURN IT ON FOR YOU, YOU’RE SOL, SHIT OUT OF LUCK.
Hey guys and gals, if you found HOW TO REMOTE PLAY YOUR PS5 FROM AROUND THE WORLD in any way, shape, or form helpful, please say so in the comment section, click on the like button, and PLEASE PLEASE send a link to my article through your socials.
For those of you who found the article missing easier ways to reach the same end, please note it or them in the comment box. I’ll make sure to give you the credit for those suggestions.
Again, THANK YOU!!